Awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome

I don't know if anyone else has tried this but it works great. Go down to the dollar store and get a bottle of Awesome. Great for washing your bike. Cleans grease, dirt, etc and leaves a nice shine. The best part is it takes dead bugs off like nobody's business. No scrubbing. This stuff does it all and it's only a buck a bottle .

I think I have a bottle of that stuff. If its the same as I have it does work really well.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

+1

I think Awesome smells exactly like S-100.

Comment

Yeah, Awesome is good stuff but if you really want some inexpensive cleaner that is biodegradable AND makes an incredibly effective carb cleaner too, try Mean Green. It's un-friggin-believable AND safe.
        Willie
        Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
        '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
        '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
        '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

I have used mean green as well. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXXZRX View Post
            +1

I think Awesome smells exactly like S-100.

Im diggin that Blackbird!

Comment

do you guys dilute that stuff,was going to get some but dont want to make things worse but eating away finish

Comment

Hi,
                I was next door to Dollar Tree today so I stopped to check this out. "Awesome" is one of their store brand names for cleaners, so there are lots of options. Which one is it? Can you post a picture?
                Lyle

Comment

Around here, Dollar General sell Mean Green. Its in a white plastic gallon jug like a Clorox bottle with a green and blue label. I picked up 2 gallons on Wed for $5 each and soaked my 550 carbs in them overnight. They look new now and blowin the stuff off didn't result in a smelly mess. And ya don't have to wear gloves either. Try it, you'll like it.
                  Willie
                  Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                  '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                  '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                  '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

I just bought some purple power from advanced auto parts and my wife used it to clean my oil pan. Soon as she sprayed the stuff on the oil ran away. lol great stuff.
                    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
                    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Working...
                    X