custom shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom shock

gs550 1982,just purchased-p.o. made home made solid struts I like the lowered stance but not the ride,I was just wondering If anybody had put on custom shock off another bike? I have heard you can have custom shocks made.

Shocks come in a variety of lengths. If going lower is what you want, you should be able to find something. There are also lowering blocks which work by relocating your stock shocks lower mounting farther to the rear.
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Its already been lowerd by p.o. Was going to put it back to stock but I think I am getting to like the way it sits just not the rock hard ride, will look at other options

Comment

YSS offers several different models of shocks at different price levels that they can build to fit just about any bike. They have top-notch suspension people from Works and other manufacturers working for them. Prices range from maybe $200 a set on up.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod400 View Post
          gs550 1982,just purchased-p.o. made home made solid struts I like the lowered stance but not the ride,I was just wondering If anybody had put on custom shock off another bike? I have heard you can have custom shocks made.
          I bought a set of sportster shocks off a dude on ebay for 30 bux shipped.
          Lowered mine about an inch.
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

ive chopped my 82 gs850 and went with 8 1/2 inch shocks off of a dyna wide glide. a little stiff but way better than struts

Comment

I have a pair of used short shocks for sale. I used them on my 77gs550. I still like them and I got them because im a short rider but ive opted to modify my seat instead. Here is a link to a picture of the shocks...

I bought them from Cyclerecycle last year and ive put less than 1000 miles on them. Im also a lighter weight rider at 145 lbs.

I would rate them 8/10 looks wise but 10/10 for functionality. 8/10 because there are some scuffs near the eyelets from me trying to get the bushings onto them. (which BTW will come with my stock gs550 bushings) Chrome is still shiny. The lowered ride gave my 550 a badass kind of look and was not too harsh. If you are interested let me know and I'll take some pics. There is a guy on this site that has the same shocks i think his name is tracey and hes got a bronze/orange bike if you want to do a search.

Comment

Working...
              X