Mounting a clock on Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting a clock on Tach

It's nice to have a clock where you can see it while riding, since it's not possible to see your watch when ATGATT. Here's my solution.

I glue the watch to the tach face with Liquid Nails Home Projects Repair Adhesive http://www.liquidnails.com/products/...tId=78#details. It won't etch the plastic face, and holds really well. On my GS750, I had a watch mounted to the Quicksilver fairing, and when the front tire went flat on the freeway, I lost the front and innards of the watch, but the back was still in place. If you pry slowly with a thin edge, like a putty knife, the watch will come off fairly easily, since the adhesive has relatively low peel strength.
    JP
    1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
    1992 Concours
    2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
    2007 FJR

great idea!!!!
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Is that a 100k photo also?
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I was more interested about the odometer myself as well

Kev

Comment

Yes, the pic is from 100K. I took it last fall. I also have pics of 99,999.9 and 00,000.1. I got the bike from my dad with 80K on it, and put another engine in it at 88K. There were no more valve adjustments to be made on that engine, and it was easier and cheaper to put another engine in it than replace the valve seats.
          JP
          1992 Concours
          2007 FJR

Comment

Very cool. BTW I do like your clock idea. I've come across situations where I needed the time and was looking for a way to solve that problem.

Kev

Comment

A little Goop or silicone would probably hold it well enough and be fairly easy to peel off when it was time to replace.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

The Goop or Silicone will certainly hold it, but with either you will almost certainly etch the plastic lens permanently.
                JP
                1992 Concours
                2007 FJR

Comment

Working...
                X