No announcement yet.

cheap spray booth option.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey i love harleys ,but cant afford 1 :-(, and the guys that ruin it are dicks anyway ,be careful i wouldnt want to have to pay for a paint job on theres!, or fight the local a$$hole chapter hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post
      hey i love harleys ,but cant afford 1 :-(, and the guys that ruin it are dicks anyway ,be careful i wouldnt want to have to pay for a paint job on theres!, or fight the local a$$hole chapter hehehe
      Feel free to love what you love, thats the way it should be.

I agree about the dicks, just not the Harleys

Comment

petard hoisting

bah, all harley's are unsexy anyway, I know that for sure.

and they're boring too. Everyone knows.

Comment

yup looks just about like mine..I took the plastic and duct taped it to the floor so i could sweep up the beads easily for screening and reuse. You can alos put a small fan in one of the corners blowing out to create a gentle negative air situation and you will have a basic downdraft spray booth as well for painting tanks and such.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            Mine has become semi permanent or at least seasonal; One more paint job for teh GSXR and it will come down. This year I put a peak in the roof as it hat to get through the rainy season. I would suggest making them as big as you can and I alway wet the floor but get plenty of spray on the floor. I'm hoping that the power washer will get it all off of the concrete.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...8&postcount=10
            To get overspray off of concrete you can take that 4-5 ounces of left-over battery acid from filling a non-sealed battery, gently pour it into a gallon of so of water, and very carefully brush it on the overspray area with a shop broom.

***Make sure none of it gets on anything you don't want to etch with the acid, like your eyes, fresh paint job, wife's car, etc...***

Once it has stopped bubbling, soak it up with some absorb-all and dispose of properly.

-or-

For a more environmentally friendly way, get some snow from the driveway, and scrub it into the overspray with a shop broom. More effort, but works...eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Macguyver View Post
              To get overspray off of concrete you can take that 4-5 ounces of left-over battery acid from filling a non-sealed battery, gently pour it into a gallon of so of water, and very carefully brush it on the overspray area with a shop broom.

***Make sure none of it gets on anything you don't want to etch with the acid, like your eyes, fresh paint job, wife's car, etc...***

Once it has stopped bubbling, soak it up with some absorb-all and dispose of properly.

-or-

For a more environmentally friendly way, get some snow from the driveway, and scrub it into the overspray with a shop broom. More effort, but works...eventually.
              Thanks I never even though of chemical removal; I kept it wet when spraying, unfortunately some of the Por-15 is water activated so did not help . I could use some A/C striper as well.

Say what is "snow" ?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

Say what is "snow" ?
                I forgot that you are one of those sun soaked ones.

I'll give you the brief description.

"Snow" as it is commonly called above the 49th parallel, is a general term referring to groupings of minute evil creatures called "flakes" which like to invade the northern climes on a yearly basis in waves, commonly called "flurries". These flurries can often times culminate into a dangerous condition known as "blizzards", which can wreak havoc on a monumental scale, causing power outages, work stoppages, and even unplanned pregnancies.

These lilliputian devils prefer to gang up on the local inhabitants and force them to stay sequestered indoors for extended periods of time, leading to a condition commonly termed "cabin fever". Symptoms may include lethargy, anxiety, and in extreme cases, home renovation and/or vehicle restoration.

Do not underestimate the power of snow, as a group, these tiny flakes have been know to cause erratic driving conditions, and sudden loss of sanity upon their first annual arrival. Often causing regular people to drive upon the roadways as if they have a death wish. Especially if the drivers happen to be driving four wheel drive vehicles while operating a mobile phone and sipping their chai latte's.

The combination of poor driving conditions and the annual vehicular insanity brought about by the invasion of snow often keeps the riders of the two-wheeled persuasion who are known to have superior driving ability and situational awareness from chancing the roadways.

If you find yourself near the 49th parallel during the latter part of the year, be on the look out for roaving gangs of flakes, and report large gatherings to your local authorities. Remember, do not approach large groups of flakes, as they also have the ability to drop the ambient temperature enough to cause another condition, known in latin as "gelidus vestri lamnia lammina lamna", or in layman's terms, "freezing your nuts off".
                Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2010, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by conrad View Post
                  bah, all harley's are unsexy anyway, I know that for sure.
                  and they're boring too. Everyone knows
                  Its good to see we can agree

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
                    Maybe, but i dont know if a GS can cure a mid life crisis like an overpriced pump engine can?
                    If I wanted a vehicle with a tractor motor in it then I would buy a tractor. Get my drift.

Comment

Some progress happening.
                      It has been raining like sh1t here, but i have moved forward a little.
                      First go at undercoat i hung everything, but there was too much movement. Now i made some stands, they're pretty dodgy looking, but they work.

Comment

Working...
                      X