Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black spark plugs...

Hi there,
    Anyone can help me with my issue. My plugs on 1,3,4 are black and 2 a little yellow. Recently cleaned my carbs and put 1-3 jet kit in it.
    Thank you!
    AAH

Is this a Suzuki? A Dynojet kit?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Yes it is and yes they are

Comment

Did you get a set of 34s to put on that 850/1100 swap?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Hi
          What is a 34s?

Comment

Fix the rich AFR..

Spark Plug Cleaner

E
            Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

LOL...what's an AFR??? sorry. I ended up ordering the facotry jets instead. That should help...?

Comment

AFR=air fuel ratio. Too much fuel ends up making black sooty plugs. Lean makes white flaky plugs. you want plugs that look fairly clean.

Comment

THANK YOU. Not sure how to adjust that either. My manual doesn't show it well. I think my jets are too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatnut View Post
                    THANK YOU. Not sure how to adjust that either. My manual doesn't show it well. I think my jets are too big.
                    That's how you adjust it. Jet the bike using plug chops. You should have light tan plugs.
                    Do a search for "plug chops".

Comment

Originally posted by Flatnut View Post

That'd be it. but it also depends on if they were black from putting around town or from being at WOT (wide open throttle) blasting down the highway. That would change which jets you are running on. If you change the main jets out but you put around town all day, you will get the same results as now.

Comment

I wish there was a screw I could easily adjust the AMF...I go from cruising to open throttle almost all the time. I also have an after market exhaust least resistance as well.

Comment

Hi
                          Yes dynojet...now the black is gone, carbs are sync and the motor is lean...backfires still. I think it may be the timing but I am having trouble figuring out how to do it. It's not the traditional timing system.

Comment

Working...
                          X