I Am In need of a tip or trick!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip - Centerstand Spring Install

Not sure if I ever did this in the past, but I have seen somewhere the spring made to extend by jamming a quarter between spring coils - about $5 worth should be enough to extend the spring sufficiently. Then just extend the centerstand and collect your laundry money!

vini alesi

Comment

Now that's a good trick!

I blacksmith as a hobby, so I just made a big spring puller out of an old set of forge tongs... Works fine for me,

Comment

Also...one can just put the bike on the side stand or small hydrolic jack, get a long, strong screwdriver or bar, and pry the spring onto the hook...just as one does to get the return spring mounted on drum brakes...

silver

Comment

Centerstand Spring Installation Tech...

...yes, but come on, you HAVE to admit that the "quarter-in-the-coil" technique has a certain "VOILA!" flair...not to mention the jackpot soundtrack....

vini alesi

Comment

yes...I almost wished my centerstand spring was disconnected, so I could fiddle with the quarters! It's a pure genius idea.
            S.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
              Hey Michael - I hope you get it mounted. This is just one more reason why I hate center stands! I just HAD to say that. 8)
              You, with a ZRX and you HATE centerstands?? Man I would give my left nut if the Rex had a center stand! 8O

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Falke
                Originally posted by Swanny
                Hey Michael - I hope you get it mounted. This is just one more reason why I hate center stands! I just HAD to say that. 8)
                You, with a ZRX and you HATE centerstands?? Man I would give my left nut if the Rex had a center stand! 8O
                Sell it on Ebay!

Comment

When I put my center stand spring on I used a come along and ran a pice of 550 cord through the hook and the spring and just cranked. But I do have to admit that the quarters seem to have quite a bit more finess.

Comment

Working...
                  X