home made tappet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home made tappet???

Does anyone have any homemade tappet depressor or something they used as a substitute?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2010, 12:57 PM.

Originally posted by bluepinner View Post
    Does anyone have any homemade tappet or something they used as a substitute?
    what bike are we talking about? do you mean make a home made shim? forget it mate
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Sorry I am looking for the tool that pushes the valve down so you can remove the shim. In my manual its called a tappet depressor.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepinner View Post
        Sorry I am looking for the tool that pushes the valve down so you can remove the shim. In my manual its called a tappet depressor.
        ah well thats a different kettle of fish. its fairly easy to make your own but im sure somebody nearer to you will point you to the right place to buy a cheap one
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

thanks. its just the nearest dealership/garage is about 40 miles one way. just looking for the quick way.

Comment

Search Zip Tie Method on this site.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Click HERE, I'll save you the searching, but it's on BassCliff's site.

You got your "Welcome" from BassCliff about a week and a half ago. Have you read ANY of it?

Virtually all the collected wisdom of this 'hive' is stored there.

At least bookmark it for later reference.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thank you. I have basscliffs site booked marked but forgot all about it.

Comment

Working...
                X