Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right Hand Side Throttle/Engine Starter on Handlebars keeps Moving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Hand Side Throttle/Engine Starter on Handlebars keeps Moving!

as stated in the title the engine starter button thing thats attached to the throttle grip keeps sliding all over the place! when i want to give gas the only thing that stops it from sliding all the way is the brake cables lol! any tips? electrical tape fails because it gets cut up over time and starts moving around
    Originally posted by tkent02
    That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
    John 3:16

There should be a little tab inside the switch housing. Drill a small hole in your handlebars if it doesn't line up with the current ones and then set that tab in it before tightening up. I used a step drill bit for mine.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I had the same problem with my 79 GS 550L.
      It's kind of bootleg , but , I cut a 2" wide strip out of a beer can, wrapped it tightly around bars and clamped it with the mirror bracket leaving about 1 1/4" protruding towards bar end. I then tightened the throttle/switch housing on the protrusion.
      Worked for me and if properly possitioned ,can't see any "fix".

Comment

Originally posted by MaddMark View Post
        It's kind of bootleg , but , I cut a 2" wide strip out of a beer can, wrapped it tightly around bars and clamped it with the mirror bracket leaving about 1 1/4" protruding towards bar end. I then tightened the throttle/switch housing on the protrusion.
        yup.... this is the way to go. works great

Comment

Originally posted by MaddMark View Post
          hahah this is freaking great just did it today!!! whoever invented that is the MAN!! you have no idea what it feels like to have a throttle not moving all over the place!! it feels like a bike again!! thanks a whole bunch!
          Originally posted by tkent02
          That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
          John 3:16

Comment

Best part about that fix is to get an empty beer can you need to drink a beer. Mine fits fine and I think I want to try that fix

Comment

Working...
            X