Home made Wirebrush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home made Wirebrush

I was in desperate need of a method of removing some bad corrosion from between the fins of an old GS1000G motor. I looked for all sorts of tools and found nothing that would fit between the fins or reach right to the back. I knew what I needed was a wire brush that was like a pencil. After struggling to do the job and starting to get a little frustrated an idea just popped into my head that I thought was worth a go.
    I raided make fishing tackle box and grabbed some stainless steel wire braid used or making traces. I also grabbed a length of 5/32 brass tube I had bought from the local hobby store for some project I was working on sometime ago.
    Using some cutters i cut the wire braid in to lengths of about 25mm (1"). I then jammed as many of these as I could about 10mm into the end of the brass tube so they were nice and tight. Using the appropriate size jaw of my hexagonal crimper (used for crimping coaxial connectors) I then crimped the end of the tube to hold the braid real tight.
    What i ended up with was a wire brush in the end of a long tube which i stuck in my drill. It worked exceptionally well. So well i thought i would share it with you.

Regards
    Ruarymac

Nice. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Comment

Working...
    X