laser alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laser alignment

I bought a laser sighter off eBay. It is for a riffle barrel. Looks like a cartridge and you load it into the gun to line up your sights. I have other uses for it but. I needed a laser that was stright like this one. My first one needs constant calibration.

Anyway, I got it home and mic'd it up to find it was out .012" from front to back. So I reworked it in my lathe and now it is pretty good.

I will be using it for sprocket alignment as well as other uses. With different adapters and such I can use it to check frames, wheel centers on custom wheel conversions, milling machine and much more.

Last edited by katman; 09-12-2010, 11:22 PM.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

So THIS is what you were playing with when I called you? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
      So THIS is what you were playing with when I called you? Ray.
      No, Actually I was finishing a set of bandit reducer bushings and spacers for a dude. Then I moved onto this. I thought the casing was uniform until I put it in the chuck. Has some wiggle so I checked it with the mic. wow, was it out.

Nice to have a laser now that fires straight out. I saw some on ebay for bikes but they are 50 and 100 bucks. got this one for 15.00 and I can do much more with it than the premade ones.

There are more on there for 29.00.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Very cool Rob!

Comment

I saw this laser tool for chain alignment:http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...84.m1423.l2649
          Has anyone bought it so far?
          I don't understand how the laser is powered???
          I found the answer....there is no laser.
          The company is called Laser !!!
          In the meantime, I found this device that I ordered:http://www.profi-products.de/shop/en...ent-Tools.html
          Last edited by John Kat; 01-10-2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: further info available
          sigpicJohn Kat
          My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
          GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Ill be interested in seeing what you come up with for wheel alignment. Some type of structure to get some good measurements from.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
            X