bleeding brakes and No pumping !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Pumping???

Maybe it's some new fangled ABS system or something.
    Brakes have been bled basically the same way since they started using them. Maybe there is a new system?

Maybe I can get that on my bike I just replaced all the calipers and the mastercylinder and I don't think I could have done it without some pressure being applied whether your pushing or pulling it out and before I broke down and bought that hand vaccuum pump it was PURE HELL Had the neighbor kids taking turns just trying to get the pressure up.

This was third time in a week I had put a different mastercylinder on it. It was just to much I broke down!!!! I spent the $50 for the hand vaccuum pump with fittiing and hoses. The hoses work better then the fittings. btw.

It was worth the money. My time is a more valuable then the time spent doing it by manually and if anyone needs to bleed thier brakes you can come by and use it or I might swing by with it.. I pity anyone who has to go through what I did! Maybe I did something wrong? I doubt it. !
    I also found that it's not as bad when you have the round mastercylinders they pump a lot. The square ones it's a trickle! Fooled me..

Comment

Something I made up years ago on bleeding brakes. You take a jar ( I used a miracle whip jar ) Epoxy ( J/B Weld ) 2 copper lines at the holes you drilled into the lid. One line extends about 1 inch into the jar & the other one goes almost to the bottom. You run a clear hose from the brake nipple to the long line in the jar. The short line, use a hose to a hand pump. I didn't have a hand pump at the time & what I did have was a cleaning wand for my air compressor that had a clear line to pull the cleaning fluid up to mix with the air. When I blew air thru the wand, it created suction from the wand to the jar from the draw for the cleaning end. The wand cost me about 10-15 bucks. I know, mountain outta ant hill. But, when you are by yourself, you get inventive. The suction draws fluid from the caliper to inside the jar. You can see when you have no more bubbles comming thru. No mess. Tighten the nipple when done. Just have to keep the master filled while doing. Dave

Comment

Working...
      X