anatomical grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anatomical grips

they have these for mtn bikes ,anyone heard of/seen anything similar for motorcycles?

a grip/throttle rocker all in one would be nice I think!

Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2011, 09:32 PM.

That's actually a neat idea. At least for the throttle side. Not sure I'd want it on both sides as it might make horsing a heavy bike around in switchbacks at speed a little more work like. Maybe not. Wonder what those are made of? Wonder if there's enough meat in them for them to be milled out to accept a throttle sleeve?? Or for 7/8" bars?? Hrmmm

Comment

fixed the broken picture link...
      i dont know, i dont think it would be THAT much different.
      I know it would be much more comfortable on long rides.
      My friend works at a mtn bike shop and i saw them on the wall and got me thinking...
      Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM.

Comment

As much as I DON'T like throttle rockers, I will be happy to pass on these.

But, like they say, "different strokes ..."

I'll stick with my large-diameter ones that fit my paws.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I get hand fatigue on both hands on long rides, obv more-so on right hand.. I like seeing the personal opinions on the idea.

Comment

Think these would be a good match with a quick twist mod. If you can get about a 60 degree twist to full throttle, it may work just like a paddle
            That's a mod I do on all my bikes at the earliest opportunity. It makes a hell of a difference I find. There is a thread on how to make a mod to your existing throttle tube that cost cents but I'm too lazy. I use R1 Yammie tubes which are about $12.

I would think that a grip like that on the throttle side with the mod would be very comfortable as GK says but on the clutch side I agree that it might get in the way of good control.

Thanks for sharing.
            Cheer,
            Spyug

Comment

I want a set, for each long distance bike. Maybe for the cafe too, just because it looks cool.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                That's a mod I do on all my bikes at the earliest opportunity. It makes a hell of a difference I find. There is a thread on how to make a mod to your existing throttle tube that cost cents but I'm too lazy. I use R1 Yammie tubes which are about $12.

I would think that a grip like that on the throttle side with the mod would be very comfortable as GK says but on the clutch side I agree that it might get in the way of good control.

Thanks for sharing.
                Cheer,
                Spyug
                I'm not familiar with the quick twist mod, I'm fairly new to GS bikes and motorbikes in general.

I'm not so sure about the 2nd picture grips, but I think the style of grip in the first picture would be pretty comfortable and functional for both hands

Comment

PVC pipe, screwdriver hacksaw. Ten minute mod costing nothing, gives a much quicker throttle. If you don't like it, it's even easier to undo.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                    PVC pipe, screwdriver hacksaw. Ten minute mod costing nothing, gives a much quicker throttle. If you don't like it, it's even easier to undo.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...t=throttle+mod
                    very cool. Pretty sure I'm going to do that when i replace my grips.

Comment

Theres these as well. Theyre called Fin-Q grips. Been thinking about a pair and $20 why not?!?

Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammered View Post
                        Theres these as well. Theyre called Fin-Q grips. Been thinking about a pair and $20 why not?!?

nice! how soft is that rubber though? If it's similar to the stock grips (which it looks like) the vibration will still make your hands fatigue.

Comment

Not sure. Im still using a set of the oversized foam grips. I figured at $5 from the Fleabay, I couldnt bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
                            Where did you get those? That's what I have now and they're pretty worn out.

Sorry for the hijack.

- JC
                            They were on the bay when I was looking. I have a set of the Johar Cush 1 Smooth on it now. I like um. Im sure there is something out there better to help with big hands and smallish grips but...

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
                              Yeah, I cramp up when my hands are wrapped around regular grips for very long. That's why I found the OP's paddle grips interesting.

I prefer the foam over rubber due to the heat that builds up on my palm, but would like to try a paddle some time.

- JC
                              you guys ever consider getting hockey stick friction-tape and wrapping the grips to build them up more?

Comment

Working...
                              X