Keeping honest people honest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping honest people honest

So, when I bought my 82 GS850GLZ, it didn't have a lock on the seat. I think I got enough keys already, so I was wondering, does anyone have an good ideas for creating a way to securing the seat and still make it easy enough to access the battery?

Just starting this thread, I remembered, I would like to see pics of your ideas if available.

Thank you, for I hope this helps others.

get a seat latch lock from a donor bike..they are cheap.
    Last edited by chuck hahn; 04-21-2011, 09:29 AM.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Zip ties..

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
        get a seat latch lock from a donor bike..they are cheap.
        Then switch the tumblers around so it works with your existing key, or just take them out so any key (or screwdriver) works.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks so far guys, now I just gotta find a "donor bike". This is too easy.

I wanna see the best idea yet.

Comment

My 850 had the seat lock from some honda installed by the p.o.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Newer sportbike guys use a solenoid opened by a hidden switch to release the seat. Make sure the solenoid can't be pushed open manually, and it would probably be best to used switched power, though I've seen it both ways.

Comment

i had a problem with my ignition cylinder. the key wouldnt turn the cylinder anymore. soi bought a lock set from a donor bike. I paid like maybe 20(cant remember) the seat lock, the ignition, gas cap and helmet lock, all so i could have one key for them all. very easy and straight forward to do.

Comment

you can just bring a ''new'' lock to a locksmith and they will switch it to your current key for you. Simple and easy. just bolt it up once you get it back to your place.

Comment

Working...
                  X