engine wont start. need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine wont start. need some help.

so my dad and i bought my first bike today which is a 1978 gs550e. this bike has been sitting for the past 5 months and hasnt been started once. when we looked at it today it started up just perfectly, ran somewhat well, and overall seemed decent enough for the money. my dad decided to ride it back home (30 miles away) and within 15 miles of riding it it quit on us. apparantly the bike lost power and very slowly went down from 65 to 0 in about 30 seconds before dying. after we started it back up again my dad couldnt get the bike to go over 45. could the cylinders not be synced? could 1/4 not be working? is there anything else i should be looking for to get my bike to start?

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. niggalai,

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to go through the information below and restore your bike to a safe and reliable condition. This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds. Good luck.

Anyway, let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

A hello would have been nice aswell. lol

Comment

Working...
      X