Easy way to remove bugs from your vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy way to remove bugs from your vehicle

My brother gave me this info a couple days ago on how to remove bugs in about the easiest and cheapest way possible. Just go to your laundry room and grab a fabric softener sheet, then go and spray enough water on the surface of your vehicle to get it wet, and commence wiping the surface with the softener sheet. You won't believe how easy the bugs come off! When you're finished, just rinse any of the softener off, and dry the surface.

Coca-Cola works good and no rubbing.

Comment

another one for the headlight; wipe it clean, then apply a small amount of cooking oil on it. It'll make the bugs come off easier the next time

Comment

Hydrogen peroxide also dissolves bugs, and it's cheap. Cool to see them foam up. I use it on my helmet visor, keep a small spray bottle in the tank bag.

Comment

Clean the cooling fins of your engine with a circular-plastic-bristled toilet bowl brush and just water or soapy water!

Comment

I tried peroxide on my car the pther day, and it seemed to work on some of the bugs on my paint, but it didn't do squat as far as helping to remove the grasshopper guts that were accumulated. It foamed just a little bit, but didn't help in removing them. I used a fresh unopened bottle of peroxide.

Comment

I don't know about grasshoppers, but H2O2 still works fine on my helmet visor and headlight lens. I think it dissolves the innards, but the chitin that comprises the exoskeleton might not be affected. If the bugs have been stuck on too long, that might be all that's left. That's when I reach for the WD40 or citrus-based bug and tar remover.

Comment

I always just wet the entire bike down and let it sit for about 15 minutes to soften the bugs up then the power washer does the rest no problems.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

simple cold water and a sponge!
                  allways works on me car and Gs.

Comment

I drive an 18 wheeler for a living and I pick up all kinds of bugs everyday. Dryer sheets work great. I've tried all brands including the no name cheapies and Downy works best. Wet the surface and lightly rub the bugs away. No scrubbing. Works on all surfaces. Glass, paint, chrome, stainless, aluminum etc... I've been driving 15 years, my brother 19 years and my dad 40 years--he's now retired. We only use Downy and have never had any problems. Try it, you'll be amazed like I was!

Comment

For just a small area I find not much works better than just wetting a towel and draping it over the area for about 10 minutes. Then the bugs wipe up as easy as the water itself.
                      Currently bikeless
                      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Pledge works great for not only bugs but road grime and shines as well.
                        V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

We used lemon furniture polish on bicycles when I worked at a bike shop. That stuff is great and will cut through just about anything!

Comment

I learned this from a friend of mine when we were on a road trip to Colorado. Get a one gallon zip lock freezer bag and put one or two water soaked hand towels in it. You dab (no rubbiing!) the bugs, wait for a few minutes, then gently wipe. I follow up with Novus, which I prefer over Plexus.

Comment

Working...
                            X