My Solution fot the Motorcyclist Photographer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Solution fot the Motorcyclist Photographer

I often go for a ride with the express purpose of combining a ride with a hobby. My ingredients:
    1 A c-clamp camera holder
    2 A large tank bag
    3 A sling style camera bag
    I chose a Nikon digital for my bag mounted camera for 3 reasons
    It has a 24 mm lense
    A swivel mount screen
    And a remote shutter release,which I plan on mounting on the left grip.
    This gives me the opportunity to shoot from the bike, and carry a full kit for interesting stops along the way.
    The camera bag is inserted into the tank bag and the c-clamp used on its lid as per the following photos. If you were going on a long trip, I suppose you could bunge it on top of the tank bag. But it would be awfully high on my bag. Or you could use the c-clamp on the tank bag if it is stiff enough and has a place to mount it.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Is that a Caddy parked in back of the bike or are you just happy to see me?

Nice camera rig btw.

Comment

Yep, that's my cager. Also my tool chest and and its parked in my workshop. When I bought it, I was disappointed that I couldn't afford the Northstar engine. Thank God I couldn't !! No blown head gasket yet.
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

What is the C-clamp mounted to?

Daniel

Comment

The lid of the camera bag is zipped up to the middle in front, and clamped there. Because a camera bag is stiff, and compartmented, it doesn't flop around. If you have a heavy camera, just fill up the compartment below the clamp.
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
          X