Inlet rubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
    where can i find a $20 i see them around here $50 and up. i Guess i might have to make a trip to the states to pick one up if they are that cheap down there.

Also on another note i tried them again after soaking them twice and they have started to move.

just after christmas moneys tight but will get easier in a month but i have no patience and want to get moving on the repairs now so when the snow is gone so am I.........

This you will need, and lots of it......

If you rush through, you will only regret it, mistakes will be made, you will bugger up something, you will forget something, or you will do a poor job on something....you will then either have to do it again, take it apart again, or look at the part and say to yourself every time.....I could have done that better.....

It's not a race, trust me, there is plenty of time still, getting it together is the fast part, but to get to that part, is what requires your time and patience.....

Comment

Hey Big Red i know what you mean about funds after Christmas. My motorcycle bank account is on fumes.
      Inexpensive impact driver at Princess Auto.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Hey Big Red i know what you mean about funds after Christmas. My motorcycle bank account is on fumes.
        Inexpensive impact driver at Princess Auto.
        http://www.princessauto.com/pal/prod...act-Driver-Set
        I am so stopping there tomorrow. thanks...

Comment

Got the impact Driver. thanks Steve...

Comment

This must be your first old bike if you didn't have an impact haha.
            You'll definitely get your money's worth.
            Get a small heavy sledge hammer too. I use this.

Comment

Glad to see you attempting to do your own work. TAKE your time learn from guys like me that rushed through things and have to redo them. The forum is a great place for help and info. I understand building a bike on a no or low budget.

Comment

can anyone advise about the setting of the airscrew. the manuel says 2.0 turns. what is the deffinition of a turn. 180 or 360 degrees. once this is done then the carbs are ready to go back on and can just go aside until i get new boots.

thanks again for all your help. I find this site a great wealth of knowledge and great people willing to help and share..

Cheers It's Friday -26C this morning here...:-(

Comment

180 is half a turn, 360 is one full turn

you are following the manual, on how to bench sync right ?

found here - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                    180 is half a turn, 360 is one full turn

you are following the manual, on how to bench sync right ?

found here - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

No I had not done that yet but now that i know about doing it i will be doing that this week. always need something to do while watching the hockey games.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X