Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't forget to take your fueltap off 'prime' !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topcat
    Prime is also the bottom of the tank. If you don't have a fuel gauge, it's kind of embarassing to reach down to switch to Reserve and find out that the dealer's mechanic left it on Prime when you picked the bike up in town 20 miles ago. Not that it would ever happen to me, but I sure was grateful to those Goldwing riders who stopped and gave me a Coke can full of gas to get me to a station.

TopCat
    Just done that, I was having problems with the fuel system, which turned out to be 2 pints of water in the tank, mixed with a load of mud! Also the vacuum pipe had a leak, so I went through the lot. Stripped, cleaned & rebuilt the tap and tank-cap. Balanced the carbs.
    When I took it for a test-ride it was still holding back with wide-open throttle, but was OK on prime, so I thought that I hadn't cured the problem entirely
    A couple of days later I ran out and had to push home (about a mile and a half!) 8O 8O
    When I filled up I found that I had put it right - it was holding back because it was just going on to reserve! And prime is the same as reserve without the vacuum!

Comment

Working...
    X