Carb stand, for cheapskates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb stand, for cheapskates

As I was about to post this I saw another had a really nice DIY carb stand. Here is mine, simple plastic bin with some cross bars that can be made removable/adjustable. The carbs are not fixed in place so its easy to flip over and work the undersides. My first pic shows the carb in the "original design", no cross bars, that worked well for me. Then I added the wooden cross bars and ran the carbs parallel to the box, much better. Thes bars line up between carbs 1 and 2, and then again at 3 and 4. The cheap plastic bin catches gas that may drain, carb cleaner drippings, and/or the dropped screws... Enjoy!

-Mark
    Boston, MA
    Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
    sigpic
    1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Originally posted by mvalenti View Post
    As I was about to post this I saw another had a really nice DIY carb stand. Here is mine, simple plastic bin with some cross bars that can be made removable/adjustable. The carbs are not fixed in place so its easy to flip over and work the undersides. My first pic shows the carb in the "original design", no cross bars, that worked well for me. Then I added the wooden cross bars and ran the carbs parallel to the box, much better. Thes bars line up between carbs 1 and 2, and then again at 3 and 4. The cheap plastic bin catches gas that may drain, carb cleaner drippings, and/or the dropped screws... Enjoy!

LOL.. that was me.. BUT I like this.. its "KISS" Keep it simple stupid...LOL

Comment

LOL, thanks! Your set up really is sweet!
      -Mark
      Boston, MA
      Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
      sigpic
      1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Working...
      X