Horn button in clutch lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srivett
    I used mine twice today and saved me from going through drastic emergency maneouvres. Maybe an adjustable clutch lever is what you need.

Steve
    They are adjustable. In what way do you mean?

Comment

They have a knob on the lever that allows you to adjust the position of the lever. You can set it to be far away from the handlebar or a bit closer. Just about all of the new sportsbikes have these on the brake lever and some have them on the clutch too. I have to wonder how much further in you can set them before it prevents the clutch from working.

Steve

Comment

I think using the starter button is a great idea. Re-route a new momentary switch for the starter to some place inconspicuous on your bike - out of the rain too. Or change it to the horn button

The only problem I could imagine is that you may not be able to hit it while applying the front brake. Are we back to where we started? 8O

-jon

EDIT: Gee, the GSR won't let me spell five-syllable words correctly. Must be a V-chip in the forum somewhere!
        16 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT with 175hp stock, no upgrades required...
        13 Yamaha WR450 with FMF pipe, Baja Designs street legal kit
        78 GS750E finely tuned with:

78 KZ1000 in pieces with:
        Rust, new ignition, burnt valves and CLEAN carbs!

History book:
        02 GSF1200S Bandit (it was awesome)
        12 Aprilia Shiver 750
        82 GS1100G

83 Kaw 440LTD

Comment

Originally posted by jonr
          I think using the starter button is a great idea. Re-route a new momentary switch for the starter to some place incon####uous on your bike - out of the rain too. Or change it to the horn button

The only problem I could imagine is that you may not be able to hit it while applying the front brake. Are we back to where we started? 8O

-jon

EDIT: Gee, the GSR won't let me spell five-syllable words correctly. Must be a V-chip in the forum somewhere!
          Yes, we all hate the *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing censor. At least I all hate the *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing censor. It actually makes me feel more free to say more *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ though. I don't have to give a *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ about those who would rather not see the black-and-white of my pottymouth. Those who infer it deserve what they get though.

There are lots of words that are banned, the big ones like I used above but lots of more obscure ones too. Occasionally words misspelled and typos create a banned word... slightly amusing.

Comment

You must have some weird controls or something. I checked out the ones on my '83 (the same, right?) and found that the horn button is by my thumb. What's the problem? Are you trying to say that when you reach for the clutch your thumb is sitting on the signal/high/low beam switch?
            Kevin
            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
              You must have some weird controls or something. I checked out the ones on my '83 (the same, right?) and found that the horn button is by my thumb. What's the problem? Are you trying to say that when you reach for the clutch your thumb is sitting on the signal/high/low beam switch?
              I have short fingers, and while I can easily touch the clutch lever and the horn, it is difficult to grip the clutch at the same time. Besides, I feel more comfortable with my thumb around the handlebar in a potential emergency than parallel as it would be to hit the horn.

Comment

heres an idea have your horn go off everytime u pull the clutch if u were gunna use the horn u were probably gunna slow down neways

Comment

hook up the horn switch to the clutch handle so when u pull the clutch the horn sounds ...if u are gunna honk the horn ur most likely gunna wanna slow down or stop neways

Comment

HORN BUTTON IN CLUTCH LEVER

MY HORN BUTTON DIDN'T WORK FOR 2 YEARS
                    WHEN SOMEONES GRANDMOTHER ALMOST RAN ME OFF THE ROAD I SAID THAT'S IT I'M GOING TO FIX THE HORN

I MOUNTEDA UNIVERSAL HORN BUTTON ON THE HAND GRIP
                    SO IF I PULL IN THE CLUTCH MY THUMB CAN LAY ON THE HORN WHEN NEEDED AND NOT COMPROMISE THE CLUTCH OR HAVING TO MOVE MY HAND.
                    IT'S COMFORTABLE AND NOT IN THE WAY

Comment

Working...
                    X