No announcement yet.

23 year old glue removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clarify, I was adding info. about nail polish remover/acetone was all.
    NOT suggesting using it.
    I've had good luck removing sticky residue with "Goof-Off" spray or liquid.
    A little pricey but works ok.
    but don't blame me if it melts/strips something. It's more mild than any stripper IMO.

Comment

OK, thanks for all your input, Thought I would report back with what happened...
      I used the Turtle wax label remover stuff and after leaving it on for 20 - 30 minutes it did gel up a fine layer. I scraped with a scraper and got a "coat" off.. repeat.... repeat... repeat and I was starting to lose paintwork. So be aware, it "may eat your paint job. I don't really care as I'm going to respray anyway but might be a nasty surprise for someone who wasn't planning it. I got more off when I switched to a wide chisel lol

I can't say it works well.. just that it works as well as you have time to put into it. I got enough off so that I could use my sander and give my paint something to stick to.

Comment

The lads at work that remove decals and glue use tar and glue remover with these plastic razor blades.. No good for a close shave before a night out .
        My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Working...
        X