Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Increase a 77-79 GS750's power in one simple bolt on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slowpoke

Originally posted by SLOWPOKE
    Originally posted by rick romero
    hah, what you say?
    Being from Long island New York and having parents from Brooklyn and Queens burroughs i dont claim to know a thing about speaking the Queens English except that i love to hear the english ladies talk. Also Scottish-welsch--Irish--italian-French- Scandinavian-- Well you get my pont
    Well, Scotty, I seem to remember that "pont" is French for "bridge"..........and you can keep your darn Brooklyn Bridge!!!

Simon

Comment

2. Although your bike may run OK, I guarantee you the jetting isn't right.

Okay, what is the "Right" jetting... I wasn't having any problems, but if I can increase the power more with a little jetting, that would be great.

As far as your 4th point, I DID NOT omit 3 mounting points, I ONLY omitted the lower front points, as they weren't even being used in the first place with the 750. Also, I don't know what the previous bolts were, but these are grade 7 or grade 8. (I can't remember exactly) And the hinge thing, You put 1 side of the hinge on each side. if you will look, hinges are made out of 2 peices of metal, joined at a focal point. if you cut the metal before the focal point, you get 2 peices of metal, thus TWO brackets. Read more carefully.

Also, the thought that I can get those plates made cheap is laughable. I went to two machine shops, one wanted 50+ each, not including the dogleg, (that was extra) and the other just told me they wouldn't do it because it wasn't production and could "become a liability for them if it failed." So, if you have 200+ dollars laying around you want to send me to get 4 plates made for mounting brackets so I can be "safer" I will give you my address.

Just because you did it one way doesn't mean it can't work another way. There are often more than one solution to any problem, mine just happened to cost a lot less than yours, and if it fails, oh well, its my ass and I know what I'm doing with it and I'm confident in my hack-together job.

Comment

Door hinges for motor mounts? What happen, all out of duct tape?
        Axel

Comment

slowpoke

that was my cajun saying

Comment

I agree with the spyder,you did good man,if it works for you do it man

Comment

Fair enough, the more the merrier (for the rest of us).

Darwin was right.

Comment

Working...
              X