Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS 1000 L Carb removal

Hi,
    New here, Can someone tell me the easiest way to remove the carbs off a 79 GS 1000L for cleaning?? Do they come off as a rack? or do they come off individually? Please help, want to ride , it's70 drg in Wyoming in Jan. That don't happen very often,..
    Thanx in advance,
    ..TJ.... :?

Re: 79 GS 1000 L Carb removal

Originally posted by TJ
    Hi,
    New here, Can someone tell me the easiest way to remove the carbs off a 79 GS 1000L for cleaning?? Do they come off as a rack? or do they come off individually? Please help, want to ride , it's70 drg in Wyoming in Jan. That don't happen very often,..
    Thanx in advance,
    ..TJ.... :?
    1) take them off as a full rack.

2) heat it up. A hairdryer works well. het the rubber and plastic warm!

3) spray liberally with silicone oil.

They will then wiggle right out with little effort.

Comment

Carbs

Dont forget to take out the airfilter box before removing carbs.

Comment

Carb Removal

Hey guys,
        Thanx for the info & quick relpies. Finally got the rack off. Might have did it backwards, I couldn't work the airbox out first, so worked the carb rack out & didn't appear to damage anything. Is a really tight fit. May not be so easy to get back together. Would definitely be easier if had the K&N seperate air filter pods to put on & lose the air box...Any sugestions on something to "easily" clean the "rust fuzzies" off the parts that won't eat the plastic floats & stuff ? Will Berryman's dip work? Already used up 2 cans of "carb & choke cleaner spray" (the good stuff w/either base). Got the varnish, but didn't touch the rusty powder residue, probably left from waterery gas as it evaporated. Won't even come off w/compressed air. Guess I should've bought that rack off a running bike on ebay that went for $80.00 the other day ??
        Thanx again for your help,
        ..TJ...

Comment

Working...
        X