Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEW
    replied
    Was not able to find any for the GS650G forks so had to make them.

Leave a comment:

• salty_monk
    replied
    I know the thread can be different on different models. For example you can't just put the 1100 adjusters on the 1000 even though they are both 37mm forks.. Tried that.

It's a really fine thread for it's diameter. I bought some "Chinese" ones of Ebay for the KLR. Surprisingly good. I guess they are very simple.

Leave a comment:

• BEW
    replied
    Would any member here know the fork top cap size in mm as well as thread pitch for the GS650G?

Leave a comment:

• Grimly
    replied
    dotheton.com have a list of various fork tube diameters, somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• BEW
    replied
    Thanks! That gives me a start. I may search the web for Suzuki models with 35mm forks and see what comes up.

Leave a comment:

• salty_monk
    replied
    I think the 650G is 35mm fork so I doubt there is any other model you can pull from. The 750's will be too old to have preload adjust & the 550E didn't have it. Maybe the last of the 550 did (It went a year or two longer in Canada & Eu I think...). Just going from memory. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• BEW
    started a topic Looking for fork cap preload adjusters for GS650G

Looking for fork cap preload adjusters for GS650G

I completed a front fork swap/ modification on my 1976 GT750 Water Buffalo to a set of GS650G forks. This allowed me to do the front twin pot double front brake conversion using Valkyrie front rotors, a chrome GS850 front fender, and using a V Strom 650 5/8” master cylinder. I used Progressive springs with 15w fork oil and the change alone gives me 2 inches of additional travel as the stock GT750 forks only have 4 inches of travel before sag. I’m building a second set of GS650G forks for a friend who gave me a nice 1st over cylinder block I needed for the GT750. I’m looking for the preload fork adjuster caps for the GS650G. Can someone point me in the right direction or give an interchange model within the same threads? Thanks in advance!
Working...
X