• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vtr 1000f front end swap

say from what i have read
    Vtr 1000 f forks and brakes (calipers)
    CBRF2 frt wheel
    use lower triple off CBR 600 what year? some years are steel, some are years alum.
    bandit 600 upper
    Has anyone used these together? any input appreciated

Why the mix and match? Easier to just use the whole VTR front end, no?
    I'd be very careful about mixing upper and lower triples from different bikes (or even different years of the same bike, or different sub models) unless I knew for a fact that the offset and fork spacing were identical.
    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

I was reading the post on different front-end swaps this was what they used, but the complete front end except for the triple trees .

Comment

b6 upper kat 750 lower tripple ( thats bandit 600 and gsx750f circa 2000 ) works real nice for 41mm forks on gs suzuki if you want handlebars
        other figuring axle spacers brake hangers up to you

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

I have purchased a complete vtr front end for a steal ,now to finish conversion will keep everyone posted

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post
              I have purchased a complete vtr front end for a steal ,now to finish conversion will keep everyone posted
              How well do the steering stops match up?
              '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

They don't but i can work around that

Comment

i did purchase the gsxrf lower fits right in frame

Comment

So we believe that a Bandit 600 upper 2000 ish should work with katana lower ? correct . I saw some one also mention using Honda 750 triples

Comment

I was hoping to used the lower off the VTR front end because it is a complete front end wheel, axle ,spacers ,everything . Any comments trying not to have to buy multiple triples and lower . to get this done . any help is greatly appreciated .

Comment

Had a 41mm honda front end on an 82 1100 . Went right in was a long time ago. Think bearing were the same was off 89 or 90 1000 do not know if VTR is the same. Check centers on your VTR tripple if it is the same as the katana then just switch everything over. As i remember 600 top triple fits 750 katana lower.Bikes i have now have gsxr front end and 43mm bandit so just memory can not go double check for you.I should keep a log but don't sorry.

Comment

I was hoping to used the lower off the VTR front end because it is a complete front end wheel, axle ,spacers ,everything . Any comments trying not to have to buy multiple triples and lower . to get this done . any help is greatly appreciated .
                          I guess I'm not understanding what's stopping you now? If you can sort out the steering stops, then it's just a matter of getting someone to press the stem out of the 1100 lower triple and fitting it into the VTR lower. Usually you have to machine a bushing to make that work, but that's easy work for a competent machinist.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, was tiring to find, a top tree to keep bars mount on upper tree. The lower isn't an issue. Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, was tiring to find, a top tree to keep bars mount on upper tree. The lower isn't an issue. Thanks
                              Ah, now I'm tracking.

Comment

Working...
                              X