No announcement yet.

Wheel Balancing Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are other people on this forum that use dyna beads and have good results

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

There are some additionals post that are also referenced.

I've used them both with tubes and in tubeless tires. Have no problems at high speeds, the ride is nice and smooth. I think you have other issues going on.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Here's the plan.

Plan A: rotate the tire so the yellow dot is aligned with the valve stem and add more dynabeads in the tire and see how that works.

If that doesn't work,

Plan B: Take the wheel to a mechanic, have them unmount the tire, have them find the heavy spot on the rim and remount the tire and balance it (would I be able to go tubeless? I don't think i'd be able to get the beads out of the inner tube and I don't want to have to buy another tube.

Thanks Chef1366 for the offer. I have an extra front rim that I could use in worst case scenario and I was able to get the back wheel balanced so I know I won't have an issue there. I'd really like to make the rims that i'm using work because I don't want to spend another $100 for powder coating and wait another 2 weeks for it to get done.

Thanks everyone for all of the help,
      Mike

Comment

Update:

I added more dynabeads to the front tire and it didn't help. So I pulled off the tire from the rim and tried balancing the rim alone. It only took 16 grams to get it balanced. Since I now know that the problem is with the tire I'm going to try to exchange it for a new one. I bought it off of bike bandit and it's been less than 30 days so I do not think I'll have an issue.

Thanks everyone for all of the help. Hopefully I'll have it up and running within a week or two.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ptakattack View Post
          Update:

I added more dynabeads to the front tire and it didn't help. So I pulled off the tire from the rim and tried balancing the rim alone. It only took 16 grams to get it balanced. Since I now know that the problem is with the tire I'm going to try to exchange it for a new one. I bought it off of bike bandit and it's been less than 30 days so I do not think I'll have an issue.

Thanks everyone for all of the help. Hopefully I'll have it up and running within a week or two.

Mike
          Mike,

Was the heavy spot of the rim at the valve stem? Did you try to remount the tire with the paint mark at the heavy spot of the wheel and rebalance with regular weights?

Thanks,
          Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I ordered new inner tubes today so I am going to have to wait until those come in to mount the tires which will be Wednesday or Thursday.

The heavy spot was pretty close to the valve stem but not quite at it. It's been almost 30 days since I got the tires so if I have any chance of getting it exchanged I have to do it now.

Comment

Working...
            X