Progressive Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I've ordered 412's and fork springs from PSS. Here's the scoop:

Dennis Kirk does indeed price match, and was really cool about it. But there are some caveats.
    1.) The item has to be over $100 (except for tires and helmets)
    2.) Their price is item cost + the other company's UPS ground shipping cost

This meant 2 things...
    1.) The free shipping code I got from PSS (via their Facebook fan page) was moot and, in fact, I'd be sort of be paying for shipping twice with DK.
    2.) I couldn't save the $30 on the fork springs since they were under $100

Those factors plus the fact that I'm losing lots of free time [Boo] because I'm starting a new job tomorrow [Way bigger YAY!] meant that I very politely said "OK, thanks anyway" to the nice lady at DK and ordered from PSS.

Between discounts and free shipping I think I saved about $100 which I'll put toward stainless brake lines and caliper rebuilds - hopefully next month.

Comment

Yep, at $58 I ordered a pair of 11-1107 progressive springs for the front of my 850 (bout time I got round to fixing the seeping seal). Shipped last week and they'll be with me here in the back end of nowhere on Wednesday. Seem a pretty good company to me so far.
      It's smoke that make electronic components work.
      Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
      '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
      '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
      '82 GS1000SZ
      '82 GS1100GL
      '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Let me know how it goes! Really looking forward to the "whole new bike" experience described by guys who've already made this upgrade.

Originally posted by Wallowgreen View Post
        Yep, at $58 I ordered a pair of 11-1107 progressive springs for the front of my 850 (bout time I got round to fixing the seeping seal). Shipped last week and they'll be with me here in the back end of nowhere on Wednesday. Seem a pretty good company to me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Roostabunny View Post
          Let me know how it goes! Really looking forward to the "whole new bike" experience described by guys who've already made this upgrade.
          Already have a pair in the front of my 1100L and I was happy with the way it feels at the front now, much stiffer.
          '82 GS1000SZ
          '82 GS1100GL

Comment

UPS have just been and delivered a box big enough for me to physically get in! After pulling enough packing out to pretty much cover the garage floor, I found a box with my 11-1107 progressive springs. Good deal at $58 and fast enough for me to be real happy.
            '82 GS1000SZ
            '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Nice! Mine arrived yesterday!

Such a great price and not that slow of shipping! Chalk one up for http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/

Course, I just started a new job and my wife is leaving town for a week while I play Mr. Mom, so I'm going be staring at the boxes for a little bit, but now I've got almost everything I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Roostabunny View Post
                Nice! Mine arrived yesterday!

Such a great price and not that slow of shipping! Chalk one up for http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/

Course, I just started a new job and my wife is leaving town for a week while I play Mr. Mom, so I'm going be staring at the boxes for a little bit, but now I've got almost everything I need.
                Soooo would this be a bad time to tell you I won a set of nice used progressives for $35 on ebay??

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  Soooo would this be a bad time to tell you I won a set of nice used progressives for $35 on ebay??
                  Well... yah, but far be it for me to rob you the joy of deal gloating.

Comment

Prices do look good but I cant figure how to do a search for front and/or rear shocks for my GS1100G and GS1150 EFE with spring rates for 260lbs + mounted on them

Comment

I just called Progressive on the phone. Their tech guy gave me options at a bunch of price ranges (based on their list price). Then I just found the lowest price retailer for the model I wanted.

Check out their website before you call - it'll give you a range of options for your rides so you can know what the teach is talking about when they start throwing part #'s at you.

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
                      Prices do look good but I cant figure how to do a search for front and/or rear shocks for my GS1100G and GS1150 EFE with spring rates for 260lbs + mounted on them

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
                        Colin,

I agree...I spent lots of time trying to find spring rates for 13" shocks in the models that are already assembled...finally gave up and just called them...think I'm going with 12 series (13") with 120/170 springs on my GKZ...I'll have to put them together...they have to be an improvement over my blown stockers!

Good luck,

Comment

Originally posted by COGS View Post
                          Colin,

I agree...I spent lots of time trying to find spring rates for 13" shocks in the models that are already assembled...finally gave up and just called them...think I'm going with 12 series (13") with 120/170 springs on my GKZ...I'll have to put them together...they have to be an improvement over my blown stockers!

Good luck,
                          Thanks COGS,

I'll have another look and maybe give them a call.

Comment

OK, the shocks are on. They went on like buttah, and actually took no time because I needed to replace my rear tire anyway

I haven't done a test ride yet because I'm still helmetless. Hopefully by the weekend. And Saturday I'm rebuilding the forks with Progressive springs and new seals as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X