Front Forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Forks

Hi all. I have an 850 GS which ahs had some different forks put on it. I believe they were from an 1100 l model. Definately leading axle forks. Recently during rebuild the front forks have become very soft and I notice there is a small hole in the sliders of both forks. Should these holes have a grub screw in them or are they meant to be open. Sorry can't upload any pica at the minute but I'll keep trying. Thanks

Are the holes above the fork clamp? If so, could be compressed air tube stabilizer that the last owner removed. Fork air adjuster.

Comment

If it i sthe stabilizer is it ok to operate forks without this? Cheers Wayne

Comment

I have the same situation, GL forks in a G model, but brake carriers don’t fit...any ideas on how or if a brake carrier can be adapted to fit the fork, or a set of G model forks the only way to move forward?

Comment

Wow. I believe this sets a record. You have just revived a thread that is over eight years old.

This has been answered in your other thread on the same subject. If you have a G bike, you need G forks.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X