Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quick question: 93 gsxr forks are the ones to have, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question: 93 gsxr forks are the ones to have, right?

want to install them on my 1229 gs1150. aren't these the ones to have? longest, and a direct fit more or less?
    thanks

Originally posted by wes cooley View Post
    want to install them on my 1229 gs1150. aren't these the ones to have? longest, and a direct fit more or less?
    thanks

I think so. Apparently the 88 is about a half inch shorter than the EF (compensated by increase in wheel size. The 91 is another half inch shorter. I have gone for 95's which are either the same or half inch shorter again... I think. (not sure as haven't got them yet).

Recent discussion threads

Comment

Dont know the length differances although I know I can say this…..
      Pictured is my current project the front and rear are off a 97 GSXR750 srad. This is NOT a straight swap; once they got into the downdraught carbs they changed the stem bearing set-up and the swing arm. Until then the stems sizes were all the same and the swing arms fitted easier, Suzuki were lazy or smart you decide. As for the shocks there not all the same so be careful some are even 1-2mm dia smaller as I found out another time when I tried to buy a p-piece from here and a p-piece from there, had to get the bottom clamp milled out to suit. Stick with pre96 ( and try to buy it in one lot as sellers aren’t always accurate with there measurements) and they should be pretty straight forward. Me I had to shave the swing arm to make it fit into the frame, then make up new spacers for the swing arm bolt (used the gs) and now in the middle of moding the swing arm to get the chain right……..and then up the front, one of the bearings isn’t the same (cant remember top or bottom) so had to source… that wasn’t easy and the length of the stem… well lets say its not that long.
      I did however come across this, the TL1000 has the same dia clipons but have a 30mm rise to them (if I find them in the garage, will post a pic) much better than the ones on the bike now, gives better clearance and a better appearance. Those parts are interchangeable as well (TL1000), callipers discs wheels etc……Also if you source from a 750 then you may need to upgrade the springs in the forks.

(sorry about the size of the pics will work it out soon)

Comment

Yes,
        i have 1994 gsxr1100 on mine.They are almost an inch longer that the 1991 gsxr1100 i had last year.if you are using the 1993 triple clamp you will need to weld a stopping tab to the bottom of the steering stem tube.Because the steering stop are on the outside (they are 2 one on each side). The old style has only one middle stopper in the middle of the bottom yoke.
        if you had no access to a welding-welder you can look for a set of 1991-92 triple clamp, the steering stop are in the right place.
        Marc
        I can post pics or mesurement if you want
        AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
        1978 GS1000C X2
        1978 GS1000E X2
        1979 GS1000S
        1979 gs1000
        1983 gs400e

Comment

Working...
        X