82 gs 1100 suspension update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs 1100 suspension update

ive seen a bike or two with updated gsxr suspensions and rubber can anyone give me any more info on these swaps? i ran into a guy at work that parts out gsxrs and will sell me the needed parts cheap. thanks for any and all help, brandon

Originally posted by unclebeaner View Post
    ive seen a bike or two with updated gsxr suspensions and rubber can anyone give me any more info on these swaps? i ran into a guy at work that parts out gsxrs and will sell me the needed parts cheap. thanks for any and all help, brandon
    Search the forum, and decide what you want/can do.
    • 17" or 18" wheels
    • 17" straight v.s. curved spoke
    • 18" three spoke vs. 6 spoke
    • USD or RSU forks
    • Stock of Bandit swinger
    • Mono or Dual shock setup
    • Frame bracing or none.
    • Stock clocks or other
    • clip ons or risers
    There are many variations and don't believe what people say as "it is a bolt on".

Comment

I think you'll find some what what you're looking for here (u may want to read in reverse)...

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=151037

Pic for his thread that should get you juiced up below.

Sadly, it's all too much welding and wrenching for my own skills but it's good to see some folks out there making old bikes see new potential.

Comment

cool ill do more research been working a ton but ill get a list together. fab skills are no issue and i have a lot of resources at my disposal

Comment

Probably the first place to start is wheel size and style that you want to go with. After that it's a matter of picking suspension components from a range of years the wheels work easiest with. '95 forks are a good choice since the GSX-Rs were pushing 450 lbs by that year, after that they got super light again. How wide you can go will depend on if you're going to swap swingarms.

Comment

Not sure on the 82 1100E, but when I did the swap to my 81 750E I used a front end from a 93 model 750 gsxr. It was a direct replacement, The upper bearing in the neck had to be swapped over, but that's it. I used 79 gauges, (just had to make mounting tabs). The steering stops line up perfectly, but the steering lock does not since I used the gsxr ignition switch.

Comment

you can look at my build i used k5 gsxr gear and it works awesome

Comment

Working...
              X