what cush with swingarm swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what cush with swingarm swap?

Hey guys, I"m having a little problem getting my rear wheel to line up. I have a 1978 GS1000, '82 1100 swingarm, '94 gsxr wheels, and 1/2" front offset sprocket. I can get the chain to line up perfect, but then the wheel is too far to the right (it rubs on the inside of swingarm).

Here are some pictures before I get to my question:

I gained a little extra clearance with I switched from the GSXR cush drive (left in pic) to the GS1000 cush drive (right in pic). Is there another cush drive that would allow me to get more clearance and center the tire? Does anyone have a data list of the different cush drives (sprocket carriers) and thier thickness?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2011, 08:39 AM.

Shoot, I think I mis-titled this thread. What do most people call this part? cush drive or a sprocket carrier?

Comment

Cushy?

Use the GS cush drive and center the wheel with different spacers. Or several washers from Lowe's to move it around. Then, rung the chain straight and adjust the offset of the front sprocket so the chain runs straight. Worst case, you may need to do some notching on the inside of the left frame. Though, the combo works well enough and you should have equal clearence on both sides of the chain. Try cutting down the spacers on teh cush and outside of the brake hanger to get space.
      Greg
      sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
      2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
      Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
      '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Working...
      X