front forks gone bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front forks gone bad

i got me a 1980 gs1000, i love this bike and drive it everywhere, but i need to fix my front forks, i hit bumps or even just sit on it, they bottom out, is there a way to refill them or fix them in a way, or am i stuck with the choice of getting new ones? let me know if you have any suggestions! thanks in advance!

Check Bikecliffs website. Replacing fork seals.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Do a search... loads of info.

Progressive or Sonic springs, new 15w oil is a good start. Replace the seals & DU rings whilst in there.

If you want even better performance get the Racetech cartridge emulators.
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

forks on a 1980 gs1000e.....

hi i have a 1980 gs1000e,,, several months ago it handled like a bucket of garbage,,,,, when i braked it bottomed ... anyway thanks to a usa member i got a new set of correct progessive springs ,,correct nos,,, i flushed out the forks and replaced the butchered old springs with my new items along with new oil in both tubes and did away with the use of air ,,,it just does not need it ..,,ah,,and a new 19" 100/90x19V bridgestone and the bike on the rear has a gsx1100 alloy swing arm new shocks and a near new bridgestone ... it now handles very well ,,, and the front feels great... regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Working...
        X