Experiences with Chinese made brake rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiences with Chinese made brake rotors

Hey guys, Im looking at purchasing some replacement rotors for the front of my project GS 750E. Im putting Bandit wheels on it, with gsxr 1100 forks (97). I see alot of chinese brake rotors on Ebay.
    Does anyone have experience either good or bad with these.?
    any comments appreciated.
    thanks
    dave

Why not just put Bandit calipers and rotors on?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I have a line on a 2007 gxxr front end, that has calipers... so i just want to match up the rotors.

thanks though.. That was an earlier thought

Comment

I have a Chinese rotor on my 80 1100 w/Bandit swingarm. I bought it because others said they worked fine & I liked the "wave" design. It cost me something like $35.00 & shipping was free. I now have 3000+ miles on it & it seems great. Minimal wear on the rotor & I can lock up the 180/55 Pirelli at will.

I say go for it.
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

thank you mr Nasty
          Its for my 84 GS750E. im doing a wheel conversion (using 2003 Bandit 1200 wheels) and i have located a set of gsxr 1100 forks, that come with everything but the wheel / rotors. I talked to Katman, whos done alot of swaps. and he said the wheels i bought will work, i just need to buy the appropriate rotors.
          They definitely are inexpensive.
          Thank you my friend.'

Dave

Comment

Might have good experiences, or might not.

From experience with QA in car parts manufacturing, I've seen some Chinese parts. They will typically have the same dimensions as the OEM parts. There is no way for a consumer to tell if the metallurgy is correct. Unless the parts were made under contract (or in the factory of) a foreign manufacturer with a good reputation for QA (such as an OEM supplier to companies like Suzuki, Ford or Toyota), I personally would not use any safety related parts made in China.
            sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

China has come along way from the garbage they used to produce. They have really stepped up their game, knowing that people demand quality for a good price. I have seen some amazing quality components come out of china, not just for bikes... And to be honest, i was shocked at the level of quality and workmanship.
              The rotors I purchased are of the finest quality...I was very impressed.

Comment

i use KAGIZUME wavy rotors front and rear, fairly cheap compared to other makes but good quality. i dont have a problem with them and they look good
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Yes, this.

While it probably makes less difference in Motorcycles, since the turn of the millennium most car brake rotors are made in China. While the machining is not poor, I've noticed a highly increased tendency for rust. On my Subaru this resulted in very uneven wear on the inboard front pads. The good news is that they're cheap enough that it's generally more cost-effective and easier to just buy new Chinese rotors than to even turn the old stuff.

Originally posted by themess View Post
                  Might have good experiences, or might not.

From experience with QA in car parts manufacturing, I've seen some Chinese parts. They will typically have the same dimensions as the OEM parts. There is no way for a consumer to tell if the metallurgy is correct. Unless the parts were made under contract (or in the factory of) a foreign manufacturer with a good reputation for QA (such as an OEM supplier to companies like Suzuki, Ford or Toyota), I personally would not use any safety related parts made in China.

Comment

Working...
                  X