1100 Kat with GSXR 4.5" rear wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
    Can we see some pics of the front fender and how you mounted it? Also maybe the a shot of the gauges and triple clamp area?

Thanks!
    I have a set of conversion brackets I made up to allow me to use my stock gauges with that fork set up. I've since moved on but I still have the brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
      Can you give us the full recipe on the front and rear suspension?

Great looking Kat..
      I described the front end conversion here:http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=187018
      It's been a real pain to extend the front forks as for some reason the inner tube extension started to seize when I took it apart after a blank test.
      It proved impossible to refit it without taking it back to the tool and die maker
      He also added a groove to fit an O-ring on the extension tube as the oil would seep out during riding!
      I believe the better ( and much cheaper...) solution would be to use a Bandit 1200 front end as the inner tubes are much longer.
      Of course you will miss the tuning capability.
      For the rear it was quite easy as the GSXR 1100 K wheel with it's drive and disk just slotted in with some extra spacers.
      The chain has to be converted to a 530 model with a 13 mm offset drive sprocket.
      The rear caliper from the same bike must also be used.
      The caliper's reaction bar is attached to the centerstand frame support.
      All in all not very complicated but time consuming for sure
      sigpicJohn Kat
      My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
      GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Working...
      X