Unashamed commerical Plug- Bike Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unashamed commerical Plug- Bike Bandit

Was trying to order tires for the '85 Suzukimatic. Motorcyclesuperstore.com had my sizes, but not in a Shinko make, and what they had were $$$--$ (one more $ from my point of view)
    Anyway, Bike bandit had Kenda Challengers for the same price as Shinko at M-S, plus free shipping. So, if you're needing tires soon, maybe give them a call.
    -Bookmon

I think I saw something on here about those Kenda's being bad news. Do some research on them but be careful and watch them.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Once in a while, you will find some decent prices on some items at the Bandit, but personally, I think there is a reason they have that name.

In my many shopping sessions while trying to get another bike back on the road, I have found that their prices are only slightly less than Alpha Sports.
      Some of the sites post "retail" and "their" prices (the retail prices always seem to agree), and Alpha is ALWAYS about 10-20% over that.
      Bike Bandit seems to be about retail, virtually all the others are 10-20% less than retail.
      The ones I have found to be consistently least expensive are Boulevard Suzuki and G&S Suzuki.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I ran those Kenda challengers on a 550l i had and it was scary IMHO,seemed greasy on the road and worse on wet road.unless they changed their compound since i ould stay away from them.

Comment

Avoid Kenda Challengers!

You couldn't PAY ME to run my bike with Kenda Challengers. I made that mistake once, never again. They had very little traction at the best of times, and in the wet you may as well have grease for tires. Going sideways on a 600lb roadbike is scary as all hell. If you get caught in the rain with your new tires you'll find out.

Seriously, not a good tire choice at all. Thankfully they didn't even last a season before needing replacing. I put Bridgestone Spitfire S11's on and have been much, much happier ever since.

Sorry to rant about Challengers but so many people get them because they are cheap. There's a reason for that. Also when you consider they only lasted 3 months on my bike, not really that good of a bargain either.

As far as Bike Bandit, I've had mixed results.

Comment

I like Shinkos, great budget tire, made in S. Korea.
            I think I paid like $100 for a set, from MCsuperstore.

MCSuperstore is my new favorite place to shop.
            Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I'm not into the whole "wait 3 weeks for a gasket" thing, so I avoid Bike Bandit. If you enjoy waiting 3 weeks for a part, then Bike Bandit is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pendulum View Post
                I'm not into the whole "wait 3 weeks for a gasket" thing, so I avoid Bike Bandit. If you enjoy waiting 3 weeks for a part, then Bike Bandit is great.
                I've never had this experience. I ordered a new OEM clutch gasket from them on Sunday. It arrived at my door today. Their shipping has always been fast for me. Part's aren't the cheapest per say, but they've been fast with the shipping. At least for me.

Comment

When I got my GS450 I was 200 miles from the nearest suzuki dealer, so I ordered a bunch of parts from bike bandit. (a banjo bolt, a fuse assembly, a starter solonoid, and some misc). I had some time off so I ordered the parts express. Their website showed all the parts as "in stock" and the express shipping promised delivery within 5 days or so. Great right?

So when a week went by and the order still showed "pending" I gave them a call. My only positive experience with the whole thing was there is always someone there to talk to you. But then they informed me that they dont stock ANY OEM parts, and the thing that said they did on their site was wrong, but no worries, they would have the stuff to ship soon. The next week same story, except that they were just waiting on the banjo bolt, and they refused to separate the shipment. Long story short, the parts showed up a month after I placed my order AND they were shipped standard ups ground. So much for the express shipping.

Thankfully I moved soon after, and can place all my orders at my dealer. Parts show up in 2-3 days and they are quick to offer top notch advice. Thanks Bike Bandit, but no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X