Katana forks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katana forks

I have an opportunity to get Katana wheels, both front and back, and I love the way they look. Anyone know if the front wheel from a 83 750 Katana will fit onto 82 GS750EZ front forks? I also have the SaltyDog brake upgrade brackets, will it affect fitment? Do I get the whole front end? Steering stem, triple, the whole thing or should I just get the wheel?

And in the rear, I want to use the disc brake. Do I need the whole swingarm and the wheel, or does just the wheel and the brake assembly work?

I know this is a lot of stuff to ask... Thanks in advance.

On the rear you'll need the whole swingarm, and then some.
    I am not versed in the running gear of all of the Katana models but I'm pretty sure the Kat 750 was a 700/750 dressed in Kat bodywork. If so, it's mono shock. So you'd need to either convert your frame to mono shock, (not easy) or have someone who can weld Alu make you some shock mounts and weld them to the Kat arm. (also not easy but easier) Or you could find a swingarm from a twin shock bike and convert it. But you also need the entire brake system for the rear, AND a place to mount said brake systems master cylinder..

On the front, if the above holds true for the katana parts, it will use a 16" front wheel, and the forks will be longer than your stock ones. Yes you'll need the entire front end... Fork triple tree wheel brakes etc... Rotors are slightly smaller on the 700/750 so I don't think you can swap those over...

Lotta work for a look..

Comment

This particular bike doesn't have a mono shock rear (I saw pictures).

And you're right, that is a whole lot of work for some wheels. If it was as easy as making my 750T front end into a 750E front end, then I would've jumped at it.

Oh well, cie la vie as they say.

On a related note, the carbs should fit pretty well, correct?

Comment

Working...
      X