GS(X)750ES rear disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS(X)750ES rear disk

Guys, I have GS(X)750ESD front disks and calipers on my GS1000EN which I like the look of, the rear disk is orginal but have my eye on a rear disk from a GS(X)750ESD that would match up the front and back (also one from a 1999 GSX750F on ebay), does anyone know if these will fit the GS1000EN rear wheel and if so will the orginal caliper be OK?

cheers for all the help

RB
    Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2012, 08:32 AM.

The disc from the GSX750ES is a straight replacement. The one from the GSX750F isn't.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

cheers hampshirehog....purchase complete and new (old) disk on it's way

RB

Comment

OK guys I have just got my new (old) disk off a GS(X)750ES and it is 260mm diameter in comparison to the old one which is 270mm....can anyone see any issues running the stightly smaller disk?

cheers for any help

RB

Comment

It works. Got 2 of the exact same discs on the back of my bikes. The rear calipers were the same on all those bikes as well - from a 77 GS to a late 80s GSX - they all wore the same rear caliper,
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

thats cool, just wanted to check, my only issue was the disk only catches 3/4 of the pads....off to clean the boy up now and give the centre some paint

cheers

RB

Comment

Something is wrong if it's only catching 3/4 of the pads. have you got a photo?
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

bugger...I've stuck the old disk back on while I clean up the 750 one...The orginal disk sits right up inside the caliper (pads) and just manages to catch the whole thing...the 750 one sits a bit lower...very hard to see but the pads catch the disk rim (after looking again 3/4 was maybe a bit exaggerated), this is what I was worried about....also if some of the pads are not in contact with the disk then is there a chance of them coming apart, I am looking to see if the 750 caliper bracket (the one the axle goes through) is shorter..if this is the case it would bring the caliper right down over the disk...cheers for the feed back hampshirehog....will get some photos today

RB

Comment

Working...
                X