What weight fork oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    I use PJ 30 wt fork oil or BellRay 30 wt. in my stock 750 forks, works fine. Firm but not shoulder pain firm. Gonna use in my 1100E forks as well.
    30W sounds brutal with all the potholes, frost heaves and cold weather riding up here in NH. I've had both shoulders done for rotator cuff surgeries and used 20W before and thought my sockets were going to disintegrate. Remember, we're talking about the street, not the smooth track, and I scrape my pegs and have very little chicken strip, and do fine with 10W and sometimes a 15W if nothing else around.

Comment

I use it for the highway and street, though since I'm in NM we don't have frost heaves and the like here, just wore out pavement mostly lol. Rarely does it get in the 20s unless its a real cold snap, we had one 2 years ago, only lasted a week lol. So a 30 wt works fine here, in colder climates I can see your point alright.

UOTE=lurch12_2000;1689975]30W sounds brutal with all the potholes, frost heaves and cold weather riding up here in NH. I've had both shoulders done for rotator cuff surgeries and used 20W before and thought my sockets were going to disintegrate. Remember, we're talking about the street, not the smooth track, and I scrape my pegs and have very little chicken strip, and do fine with 10W and sometimes a 15W if nothing else around.[/QUOTE]
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I just mixed 10w30 + ATF.

Biiiigg improvement, coming from 15w40.
        I literally came off the ground on a daily basis.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X