1150 3.5" wheel in an 1100 swingarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    Sounds like you are content to have the wheel be 2-3mm out in order to not modify the chain line. And I agree that it is probably not noticeable unless you make an attempt to measure it, but normal riding you would never know.

Dan is saying the wheel needs to go right by about 2-3 mm but then the chain would be out by that amount.
    Now I understand why we have a left, a center and a right wing in politics
    We have the SM camp that moves the wheel to right, the Blowerbike camp that keeps it as is and the Greg/John camp that moves the wheel to the left
    I will just add this: when the wheel is off center by only 4 mm this means that you will measure a gap on one side of say 0 mm and 8 mm on the other side.
    No need to pull out your micrometer to see this
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
      Now I understand why we have a left, a center and a right wing in politics
      We have the SM camp that moves the wheel to right, the Blowerbike camp that keeps it as is and the Greg/John camp that moves the wheel to the left
      I will just add this: when the wheel is off center by only 4 mm this means that you will measure a gap on one side of say 0 mm and 8 mm on the other side.
      No need to pull out your micrometer to see this
      It does seem as if there is something else at play. I know the measurements are not that easy. When I was going around with Katman we could never resolve his measurements between 5.5" wheel in a gs1100 swingarm and a Bandit swingarm. In the end I just installed based on his recommendations and it all lined up even if all his measurements did not match

And as you say, when the wheel is not centered it is pretty obvious.

Comment

Working...
      X