Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni 204 adjusable shocks?

Checking the recently acquired GS1000E it has Koni adjustable shocks on it
    Top shrouds and rubber bit look perished and rusty.
    Can see a see a possible 204 number on the black spring
    Can these be restored(uk I should add)Is it worth it?They move freely and look ok but the top rubbers look really knackered
    New shocks or refurb?
    What do you think?

They'll cost you £320 (£370 in chrome) to replace like for like so I would refurb them if I were you. Bits are available only now they are called Ikon (and the bits are made in Australia now).

Very good shocks.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Here's a thread from another forum on where to get kits and such.
      Greetings: I'm going to rebuild/refurb a set of vintage Koni 7610 shocks which are leaking oil. These shocks are designed to be rebuildable. I have new...

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
        They'll cost you £320 (£370 in chrome) to replace like for like so I would refurb them if I were you. Bits are available only now they are called Ikon (and the bits are made in Australia now).

Very good shocks.
        Any contacts for a refurb?It sounds expensive at those prices

Comment

You probably have the 7610 series Konis. The thread I posted lit a source for the rebuild kits and has a few other details like how much oil to use. The thread is old so the sources might be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
            You probably have the 7610 series Konis. The thread I posted lit a source for the rebuild kits and has a few other details like how much oil to use. The thread is old so the sources might be gone.
            Got that thanks though

Comment

... I got the impression that shock functions ok, but you would like to replace upper (press-fit?) 'bumper' , and the lower shaft bumpers (entailing spring removal only with slit bumper) ... which is way less drama than actual shock rebuild.
              (With the correct upper bumpers your freindly local machine shop would most likely be able to remove / replace the press fit uppers.)
              Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                ... I got the impression that shock functions ok, but you would like to replace upper (press-fit?) 'bumper' , and the lower shaft bumpers (entailing spring removal only with slit bumper) ... which is way less drama than actual shock rebuild.
                (With the correct upper bumpers your freindly local machine shop would most likely be able to remove / replace the press fit uppers.)
                Yes the upper "bumper" has perished(well looks poor) but the shock seems ok
                These dont seem to have a lower bumper.They dont have a slit in I dont think
                As I remember they used to be rebuildable and you could get the parts separately
                Long term I will replace but I want to get the bike on the road and ride it
                Dont like having it in the garage and not riding it!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                  Having gone on the IKON site I think you are 100% correct
                  They look just like mine

Comment

Working...
                  X