New MC finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New MC finally...

Thank god the guy finally got to shipping it... Guess it wasn't too bad since it was delayed due to Labor day. Anyways, when I first got it the box was soaked... The idiot didn't drain the brake fluid before shipping but it didn't hurt anything so no harm done (It was VERY clean though, which is always nice). Took it out, drained it and realized it was an adjustable nissin master which was very nice.

I only have one question about it... I know those 2 prongs are for the brake light, but how would I connect my wires to them? Can I just simply solder the wires to it... Any other ways?

Just get the proper crimps, they'll cost next to nothing, what happened to the originals?
    sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by tatu View Post
      Just get the proper crimps, they'll cost next to nothing, what happened to the originals?
      Perfect! Now I will not have to make multiple trips the Radioshack
      I'm going to switch the original master cylinder with this one from an 03 FZ1, the original was pretty crappy looking, missing a spring/plunger, and did not function. Figured that if I was going to spend money, a new master would work just as well as a rebuild kit (spent $20 on the part, $8 shipping where as the rebuild kits are about $10 more).

Comment

I have the same one on my bike and all I did was take a couple of female connectors to my brake light wiring.

As far as what happened to the old one, Kawasaki's design calls for an integrated wiring harness to their right handle switch (did alot of checking a few months ago). Trying to get that and integrate it to ours is more costly and time consuming than it's worth.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
        X