air collars on forks stuck? 1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air collars on forks stuck? 1100E

the collar things that are above the bottem triple clamp that the air srews go into the forks on are stuck to the fork. im trying to lower my fork to put a head light ear on and im wondering if im missing something here?

loosened the air bleeder screw that go into collar

can turn the fork left and right and the collar turns with it

is it just stuck and i need to tap it with a rubber mallet? or do i need to disconnect the air transfer hose that goes between the forks?

thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Mad Mark View Post
    the collar things that are above the bottem triple clamp that the air srews go into the forks on are stuck to the fork. im trying to lower my fork to put a head light ear on and im wondering if im missing something here?

loosened the air bleeder screw that go into collar

can turn the fork left and right and the collar turns with it

is it just stuck and i need to tap it with a rubber mallet? or do i need to disconnect the air transfer hose that goes between the forks?

thanks for any help.
    I heated mine up with an industrial heat gun to soften up the orings, than spray some WD40 on the fork tubes and they should slide off, yes they are a b!tch to get off after 25+ years...

Comment

got them to slide down with a tap of the rubber mallet and some WD.

now i cant get the turn signal off the ear. the bolt is on really tight, just about broke the signal stock. any trick to get that off?

seems with any leverage im going to break my stock turn signal because i think the plastic just goes into the ear. i put some 3-1 on the bolt but i dont know if its going to help much.

Comment

okay got the turn signal off with a swift hit of the mallet on the box end wrench on the bolt. was scary but i didnt know what else to do.

Comment

Working...
        X