front end rake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front end rake

ok guys , on a 82 gs1100E , if you was going to rake the front end for street bike , How much rake would be good been told 3 to 5 degrees , what would you do . ??????

leave it stock! why do you want to rake it, will make the handling worse......unless you are building a drag bike of course
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdhd View Post
      ok guys , on a 82 gs1100E , if you was going to rake the front end for street bike , How much rake would be good been told 3 to 5 degrees , what would you do . ??????
      I would find a nice L to rake, but that's just me.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I thought I'd read here somewhere that the 1000S had a degree less than any of the other 1000 models and that might be why it was a bit of a pig at speed?
        sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

If you are wanting a better handling STREET bike, take rake
          OUT of it & put GSXR wheels & suspension on it. If you are building a dragbike, put more rake in it. Ray.

Comment

ok well i just want to lower it , lke the drag bike look , low and mean

Comment

Originally posted by tbirdhd View Post
              ok well i just want to lower it , lke the drag bike look , low and mean
              where is your location?
              there are several excellent fabricators throughout the US.
              Macintosh is local to me and one of the best in the states...beautiful rake jobs!

Comment

Working...
              X