No announcement yet.

Front Fork Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF it is the hole I am thinking of, there should be a screw and little rubber grommet in that hole. It's designed to function as a drain to allow the oil to be changed without total disassembly.

Check the parts fiche below. Is it the hole near parts 25 & 26?

Comment

That's not it Tim Tom. Maybe I should have called it the slider. It's near the top. The air coupler goes over it between the steering stem . I'm at work now so can't be on here much.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-07-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

There is one hole at the top one on each of the sliders. those are for the air system, apparently you either don't have it installed or your sliders are too far up or down. IF you didn't reinstalled the air system then you need to seal off those tiny holes with something.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I used a qt of Suzuki 15wt I got from Boulevard. 8oz in each fork. I added the oil after the forks were reinstalled on the Bike so I dont know if was weeping out the air holes. I dont think so.

Last edited by bonanzadave; 12-10-2012, 10:39 PM.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I went by the progressive instructions and filled them with the tubes fully compressed and level. Measured 140mm (5.5 inches) from the top of the tube to the top of the fork oil and just kept a finger over the little air hole. I have them installed on the bike now but need to put the wheel back on tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X