Tubes and upper triple clamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tubes and upper triple clamp

Question, 80 GS1100E about where in the top clamp do the fork tubes need to be seated? Mine right now are dead even at the top (see pic). Where as on my 80 750E the tubes were about 1/2 inch poking out. There was a set line on those tubes, I didn't see any on the 1100 tubes. If I need to move the 1100 tubes further up I'm going to have to uninstall the air set up because it would expose the air holes in the tube. They are pushed up tight against the headlite bracket now.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

All those views and no one?
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

My EZ is like your photo. Flush with the top of the clamp
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
        My EZ is like your photo. Flush with the top of the clamp
        thank you dave.
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Tried the manual http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/...-SD-ED-ESD.pdf ?

Comment

Working...
          X