looking for some help with USD conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for some help with USD conversion

I'm looking to put a USD front end on a 78 GS750 frame. The parts I have are from an 03 zx6r. I picked the parts up cheap but it was a last minute deal so I didn't have much time to research fitment. Anyways, the stem on the triple clamp is to large to fit through the neck on my frame. I would like to still use the forks since I have them and they were priced right. I am hoping I can find a triple tree from another bike that will work rather than having parts made. If my measurements are correct, the forks are 50mm at the top clamp and 52mm at the bottom. If anyone has any suggestions on a triple tree that might work, that would be awesome.

Originally posted by Tukn20s View Post
    I'm looking to put a USD front end on a 78 GS750 frame. The parts I have are from an 03 zx6r. I picked the parts up cheap but it was a last minute deal so I didn't have much time to research fitment. Anyways, the stem on the triple clamp is to large to fit through the neck on my frame. I would like to still use the forks since I have them and they were priced right. I am hoping I can find a triple tree from another bike that will work rather than having parts made. If my measurements are correct, the forks are 50mm at the top clamp and 52mm at the bottom. If anyone has any suggestions on a triple tree that might work, that would be awesome.

IIRC 50x52mm sounds like 90-92 GSXR 750

Comment

Also, go here:

Shop AllBallsRacing.com for Bearings, Seals, Cables, Harley Starters & More! We carry replacement parts to keep your Motorcycle, ATV, Dirt Bike, UTV, Snowmobile, Scooter or Harley running smoothly! We sell kits for all major OEM manufacturers!

And use the Conversion Kits tool.
      Current:
      Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
      VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
      And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
      X