Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wide tire kit?

do they make one? if so who?

Sure they do. For Busa and ZX14 and like that. What kind of bike are you talking about???

Comment

it would help if we knew what bike you wanted to attach it too!
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

....this ought to be amusing....

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
          ....this ought to be amusing....
          200 rear tire on a GS450????????
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Car Tire

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Somebody had a GS1150 with a 300 tire out back, trying to sell it here a while ago... Might be able to find the thread with some good searching. Hang on...

If I recall correctly he had the swing arm custom made, and was running a jackshaft to deal with the chain offset.

Edit: I can't seem to find the threads. Not sure if they were deleted, or expired from the 'for sale' section. I do recall the guy caught a lot of flak for asking a whole lot of money for his stock 1150 with a huge tire though.
              Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2013, 02:50 PM.

Comment

With any wide tire efforts on a GS you're going to either have to pick up an aftermarket wheel, or a wheel off of something more modern, and then change the spacers and such to suit. Of course you'll run into all sorts of snags, brake offset, bearing ID vs axle OD, chain/sprocket offset, depending on how wide you go you may need to run an outboard countershaft support bearing assembly to keep from ruining your countershaft bearings by putting the load on the very end of it...etc etc.

No, to my knowledge there's not a plug and play set up available.
                You might talk to RapidRay or some of the other drag bike guys as they may actually have the info or even a ready made set up they've put together themselves.

Comment

it all depends on how wide he wants to go!
                  1978 GS1085.

Comment

Comment

Hmmmmm, i wonder if this will fit my GS1000???

1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                        Hmmmmm, i wonder if this will fit my GS1000???

THAT just ****es me off. What a waste of what was originally an excellent handling machine. If you have need for a big wide tire and extended swingarm because you drag race, fit it to a bike with that purpose in mind, like a ZX14 or a Busa. Or even a bandit or ZRX. Something that makes torque and power without spinning it up to 10 grand first. Why buy a purpose built road racing bike and strap it with a handicap like that? Even without keeping up with the rest of the world as far as active electronics the gsxr still holds it own on a race course. And few bikes can match it for an every day super sport cum track day bike. But you put something like that on it and its rubbish. You might as well be riding a tricycle with a Beatle motor strapped to it..

Comment

Cause it looks cool of course just kidding, seriously what are people thinking? As for that picture koolaid kid put up, why doesn't that guy just by a car already and be over with it. I bet that gsxr is slower in a straight line then when it was new with all that mass. I can understand the want for a slightly bigger tire on a gs than stock especially if other mods have been done
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            You might as well be riding a tricycle with a Beatle motor strapped to it..
                            Josh, whats a Beatle motor?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                              Josh, whats a Beatle motor?
                              its what they used to power yellow submarines
                              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                              X