Brake Cable lengths??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Cable lengths??

I have superbike bars on my 79 1000L and am looking at the braided SS brake lines.....any tips on how to measure the master cylinder line length and what banjo angles I need? do these numbers seem close? it's from the guys over at Paragon Performance.

The part number is PPB-SUZUKI-GS1000E-80. Following is the description for the kit.

Master Cylinder:
    1 Ct. -03 with smoke cover ,10mm 35 degree bent banjo X 10mm straight banjo, 20 1/4" OAL (Banjo orientation 90 degrees)

Front Forks:
    2 Ct. -03 with smoke cover , 10mm 35 degree bent banjo X 10mm straight banjo, 21" OAL (Banjo orientation 90 degrees)

Rear:
    1 Ct. -03 with smoke cover, 10mm straight banjo X 10mm straight banjo, 35" OAL (Banjo orientation flat by 2/7)

:::bump:::: anybody know anything?

Comment

use the same style fittings as your original brake line on the caliper, measure how short the line is with the new bars fitted and add an inch or two.(better to long than to short).
      see if the top banjo bolt will need the same angle as original or adjust to suit......simples
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Thanks man, there aren't too many angles these banjo's come in are there?

Comment

Working...
        X