81 750 fork onto a 87450?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 750 fork onto a 87450?

is it possible to swap a 81 750 fork setup onto a 87 450? i like the idea of dual calipers and i found a good doner bike for a swap if its possible?

wow no love for a noobie here?? am i going to have to find out the hard way and possibley waste my money? i also like the rear disc set up can anyone help? i searched and could not find my answer

Comment

Hi,

You'll find fork tube sizes and steering bearing sizes on my little website. See how the sizes compare.

Thank you. For your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

CT, I would be amazed if the 750 front end couldn't swap over. You'll really need the entire front end though - triple trees, forks, axle, speedo gear, fender, 19" wheel (if yours is 18"), etc.... The ignition and steering stops "should" be the same, and your instrument cluster might or might not fit. Basically, the more you get from the donor bike, the better.

Now a disc brake rear setup.....is very complicated. Not impossible, but certainly not a bolt on type swap.

Comment

The rear is possibly doable if you change the swing arm or are handy with a welder, as you need a caliper stay on the swing arm.The front should be a direct swap limited to the gauges
          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

i have a chance to buy a complete bike not a thing missing from it from fairings to paperwork it looks to be in excellent shape so im going to take what i want off of it and sell everything else

Comment

Working...
            X