Marzocchi Shock - GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marzocchi Shock - GS1000

Hi, I have a pair of Marzocchi shocks but when I went to fit the bottom mounting seems incorrect. I cannot get the shock mount to fit over the standard swingarm bush, seems to be about 0.5mm too small, also the "thread" on the shock mounting that you use to tighten the bolt against looks like it has been drilled.

Looks like these are not the correct shocks for a GS1000, are there any markings on these shocks to indicate which bike they are for.

Cheers

0.5mm is negligable, file the inside face until it fits nicely. if the threads have been damaged or "modified", use a longer bolt with a nut on the back.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Or, sell them to me.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

They only made one fitment of those Strada shocks and they should fit straight on. Maybe yours have been slightly twisted or bent, or the bush on the swinging arm has been replaced with something slightly longer. Either way, as Adrian says, 0.5mm is nothing so just file it off. The longer bolt with the nut is ok as well.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Many thanks, will let you know how I get on

Comment

what's a set of these types of shocks worth??
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I paid £90 pounds about a year ago and had been refurbished so in good condition, will upload a pic later today

Comment

Working...
              X